If you are looking for a definitive guide to login to 192.168.1.1 admin panel, stick to this page without any distractions. By the end of this post, you will be able to log into the admin panel of your wifi router, configure settings, change password and reset the router to default settings if necessary.
Before going forward, it is highly recommended to check the requirements mentioned below. If you feel confident enough, you may direct go to next section and follow the login steps. Otherwise, you have to cross check the basic yet must have prerequisites that we have presented below.
Basic Requirements for Uninterrupted Router LoginIf this is not the first time you are trying to login to the admin dashboard of your router, you might have an idea about what we are trying to convey right here. There are certain requirements such as Router IP Address, Default Username and Password or Customized Password and active internet connection. Let’s have a quick look and you will be good to go further.
1. You Should Be Connected To The Same RouterBefore trying to login to 192.168.1.1, make sure that your device should be connected to the same router. It means that, you need to have an established connection between the router and the device on which you are going to login to 192.168.1.1.
It is highly recommended to double check if you are trying to access the admin panel from your smartphone or tablet. Accessing the 192.168.l.l ip address using mobile data will not help in this task.
2. Correct IP Address Of Your Wifi RouterTrying to load the router admin panel with incorrect ip address is a time waste process. So, it is highly important to know the ip address of your wireless router. For this, you can check the user manual of your router of you may use 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 because most of the router brands use one of those ip addresses.
If you still have any doubts, you can ping the ip address of your router using the command prompt method. We have discussed about it in the later half of this article, you may read the steps.
3. Correct Username and PasswordIf you have changed the username and password or any one of them in past, you need to enter those credentials. If you don’t remember them, we recommend you recall it. Otherwise, try to reset the router box to it’s default settings. You may find the instructions to reset your router on this article.
If not, you can simply type in the default username and password. For the default login credentials, you can look into the user manual or at the back of the router box.
Default Username and Password [Details]If you do not know the username password of your router, you can use the details available below. These login details will only work if you haven’t already changed the password of your router.
Default UsernameDefault Password
192.168.1.1 Login – Access Router Admin PanelIn order to be able to login to 192.168.l.l ip address, you should follow the step by step guidelines shared below. Please be careful with the correct ip address, username and password. Also, make sure to check your device (phone or pc) and router shares the same wireless network.
- Open Google Chrome or any other web browser such as microsoft edge, opera or android browser on your device (smartphone or pc).
- Type http://192.168.1.1 or simply enter 192.168.1.1 in the url bar of the web browser.
- Cross check what you have entered and hit enter or go.
- Now, you will be redirected to the router admin page where you will have to enter the login credentials.
- Type in the Username and Password in their designated fields and hit “Login” button.
- Now, you will be taken into the dashboard of your router.
Also Try – Below Router Addresses:
Forgot Username and Password [Reset To Default]If you have changed the username and password but do not remember it, you cannot login. In such a case, you cannot use the default username and password as well. But don’t worry, you can restore them right away to the default username and password.
- Go to your router box and take it on to your hand just like that.
- Turn it back and look for the reset button.
- Press and hold it for 10 to 15 seconds and do not release the button before that time.
- Finally, release the button and restart your router (turn off and on it).
- Now, you will see the username and password is changed to the default password and username.
Cannot Connect To Router Login IP 192.168.1.1? [Fixed]Having trouble connecting to 192.168.1.1 ip address? don’t worry, you may try out the tips shared below to get connected.
1. Check The ConnectionThis is the very first thing that you can give it a try. Whenever you see an issue connecting to 192.168. 1.1 address, it is recommended to check out the connection between your router and your device. If you have connected your device (smartphone or personal computer) to a different connection or a different router, you need to connect it to the same router.
2. Check for The Correct IP AddressThere might be a type in the url that you have entered in the web browser’s url section. The ip address that you have entered should be either http://192.168.1.1 or just 192.168.1.1. There are some instances that you might get confused between various things such as those 1’s and (.) dots. Try to avoid the incorrect host ip addresses mentioned below.
- 192.168. 1.1 – There is a space between the (.) and first (1) in the ip address
- http //192.168.1.1 – There’s no colon 😆 between http and forward slash (/)
- http://192.168.l.1 – The first (1) in the address is the lowercase (L) and it should be replaced with numeric 1
- http//192.168.1.1 – There is no colon 😃) after http at the beginning
- 192.168.11 – There is no dot (.) between and 1 and 1 at the end of the address
- 192.168.l.1.1 – There is an extra lower case (L) in the url, remove it
- 192.168.1.1. – There is an extra dot (.) at the end of the url
- https //192.168.l.1 – It should be http and there is should be colon 😃) besides http and the first (1) should be numeric 1
- 192.168.o.1.1 – The alphabetical (o) or a numeric zero (0) should be removed from the address
- 192.168..1.1 – There is an extra dot (.) after 168
- 192.168.1,1 – There is a comma (,) before the last (1) in the address and it should be replaced by dot (.)
- 19216811 – There are no dots (.) in the address and it should look like 192.168.1.1
- 192,168.1.1 – There is a comma (,) after 192 and it should be replaced with dot (.)
- 192-168-1-1 – The hyphens in the host address should be replaced with dots (.)
- www.192.168.1.1 – The host address of the router should not contain any www at the beginning
3. Router IP LookupIf you are not getting connected to your router even after using the correct host address, your router could be using a different ip address. If you want to find out the ip address of your router, you can try any of the following methods.
Router IP Lookup Through Command Prompt [Method 1]Windows:
- If you are using Windows 10, you can go to the search bar available besides the windows “Start” icon.
- Type “Command Prompt” in there and open command prompt on your windows pc.
- If you are using any old version of windows operating system, you can follow this path – Start > All Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt.
- Type ipconfig | findstr/i “Gateway” in the command prompt.
- Now, you will see the output on the screen such as ipconfig | findstr/i “Gateway” Default Gateway . . . . . . : 192.168.l.l.
- If you are using a MacBook bro or MacBook Air or iMac, you may follow the below path.
- Launch Finder > Open Applications > Go to Utilities > Launch Terminal.
- Enter the command line in the terminal netstat – nr | grep default and hit enter.
- It will then show you the output like this – tmeo$ netstat – nr | grep default 192.168.1.1.
- Launch Applications > System Tools > Open Terminal.
- You can launch terminal (command prompt) on your linux based computer or laptop in the above path.
- Enter ip course | grep default in the terminal and hit enter.
- Now, you will see the output as – temo$ ip course | grep default of 192.168.l.l dev.
Ethernet (or) Wifi Network Properties [Method 2]Windows, MacOS, Linux:
- Go to the right corner of the task bar of your windows pc or mac or linux computer.
- Click on Wifi Icon to see the connected network.
- Tap “Properties” under the connected wireless network’s name.
- Now, you will see the settings (properties) window opens up. Scroll it down all the way to the end to see various details as shown in the image below.
- The highlighted host address is actually my router ip address. You will see your router’s ip address right there for IPv4 Address.
- In some computers and devices, you will have to note down the ip address available right after IPv4 Default Gateway.
How To Change Your Router IP Address to 192.168.1.1?Let’s say you know the ip address of your router and want to change it from other ip to 192.168.l.l. Here are the step by step instructions that you can follow in order to change the default gateway of your router.
- Visit http://192.168… (your router ip) d-link router admin page on your pc or smartphone.
- You may follow the guidelines shared above for a successful login.
- Once you are logged in, go to Setup category which is the first option.
- Click Network Settings from the left hand side menu.
- Scroll down to Router Settings section now.
- The first field itself is the Router IP Address.
- Click on the ip address and change it to anything you want. But we recommend you type 192.168.1.1 for easy access to the admin panel in future.
- Now, click on “Save Settings” button to save the changes that you have made to your router ip address.
- Finally, reboot your router to apply the changes successfully.
- Once the settings have been updated, you may access the admin panel with the ip address 192.168. 1.1.
- Visit www.routerlogin.net url on your computer or smartphone if you are not sure about your router ip address.
- Enter the username and password and hit login.
- Once you are logged in successfully, you will be under Basic settings by default.
- Select Internet option from the left hand side menu.
- Scroll down to Internet IP Address.
- Select the second option which is, Use Static IP Address.
- Now, you will see the default value for the IP Address which is something like 192.168.0.250.
- Click on it and change it to 192.168.1.1 or anything you want.
- Hit “Apply” button which is in light green color.
- Restart your netgear router to apply the changes that you have made so far.